Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bad Movie Club



My first attempt at not being lazy and getting involved at Trinity brought me to Bad Movie Club, a club where you watch ridiculously awful and poorly-made films and make fun of them by yelling out puns. I came upon this amusing organization by going to the student involvement fair, which I consider another feat since I was feeling particularly lethargic that day. (If you can’t tell already, I like to spend a lot of my time asleep – therefore, it is of great interest to me to see how this project will turn out.) I was immediately drawn to this club, however, since I love movies in general, but especially bad ones. I was a little wary about going, though, because the first movie being shown was titled Killer Klowns from Outer Space, and I absolutely despise clowns. Despite this fact, I decided to attend the showing with my suitemate. It ended up being one of the best experiences I’ve ever had watching a movie. We were having fun before the movie ever started. We started off the night by watching ridiculous videos on youtube, like the “Bed Intruder Song”. (If you have not seen this I highly recommend it.) When the movie began, I knew it was going to be spectacular. The acting alone was atrocious. It was made even better by people yelling out puns throughout the movie, some a little too inappropriate to put on a blog for school. By the end of the movie, my sides were splitting I had been laughing so hard. I left the room extremely glad that I went, and even wanting to go again. It seems that getting involved actually has its perks sometimes.





Creative Commons License
killer clown by Chelsea is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: